Swelling is a common side effect of chin coolsculpting. It happens to nearly everyone, and it looks like your face is fat, but this swelling goes down after a few days. There are many ways you can reduce coolsculpting chin swelling so that it doesn’t look as bad.
Ways of reducing coolsculpting chin swelling
1. Drink lots of fluids, especially water. This will help flush the coolsculpting chin swelling out of your system.
2. Put a cold compress on your chin for about fifteen minutes every few hours. This will help reduce inflammation and swelling.
3. Take an over-the-counter antihistamine like Benadryl to help with the swelling.
4. Don’t talk or laugh too much, as this can increase swelling and cause bruising around the chin area. Swelling will typically go down after a few days, but some people have permanent puffiness that ends on its own after about two weeks.
Stay healthy by eating right and getting lots of sleep, so you don’t get sick, and then your body will heal faster.
5. Don’t drink alcohol for about two weeks after the treatment. Alcohol can make bruising worse, and it will slow down your recovery time.
6. Avoid caffeine for about a week after the treatment. Caffeine can also make bruising worse.
7. If you are taking pain medication, take it as directed. If you are not in any pain, don’t take medicine. Too much ibuprofen can cause more swelling. Follow up with your doctor if the swelling doesn’t go down or if you have any other questions or concerns.
Most people see a significant reduction in swelling within two to three days. However, some people’s coolsculpting chin swelling takes up to a week to go down completely.
Just be patient, and it will go down. Swelling is joint, and most people’s swelling goes down within a few days.
8. If you see bruising, apply pressure to it with ice packs every three hours for about fifteen minutes each time. It will help reduce the size of your bruise so that it heals faster. It is normal if your underarms or thighs tend to be bruised since the applicator pulls the skin when it’s suctioned on.
9. Stay hydrated by drinking lots of fluids, especially water. It will help your body flush out any swelling that may occur.
10. Don’t smoke or do anything that increases your heart rate. It can cause bruising and slow down the coolsculpting chin swelling recovery time.
Be patient because it is normal for your bruising to get worse before it gets better after chin coolsculpting treatment. Most people’s swelling goes down within a few days. However, some people’s swelling takes up to a week to go down completely. If you follow the above rules, you will reduce excessive swelling after the treatment.
Coolsculpting chin swelling is key to having a quick and easy recovery after coolsculpting. By following the tips above, you can minimize the swelling that occurs. Most people see a significant reduction in swelling within two to three days. However, some people’s swelling takes up to a week to go down completely. So be patient and follow the tips above, and you should see a significant reduction in swelling before too long.